We Love Uniforms!
Educational Outfitters in Tempe, AZ has all of our uniforms and requirements.
Orders place with Educational Outfitters in June and shipped to the school will receive 10% off and free shipping.
Excerpt from Student / Parent Handbook
SCHOOL UNIFORMS/Grooming CODE
Uniform Rationale: After consultation with parent(s)/guardian(s), faculty and administration, the following uniform rationale has been adopted:
- The uniform helps to promote school spirit and school pride.
- The uniform creates an orderly environment and frees students from social pressure so they are better able to concentrate on their studies.
- The uniform should be both practical and affordable.
- The uniform code should be easily enforceable so as to free teachers’ time for instruction.
- It is the responsibility of parent(s)/guardian(s) to send their children to school in the proper uniform.
- It is the responsibility of the principal and all school employees to enforce the uniform code.
- There is a used uniform sale at the beginning and end of the school year. Used uniforms are available during the school year through the school office.
- Uniforms may be purchased from Educational Outfitters or Lands End. Educational Outfitters is located at 1628-J E. Southern Avenue, Tempe, AZ, phone 480-429-5136, or www.educationaloutfitters.com. Uniforms may be ordered from Lands End at landsend.com/school, our School Code is 900141094, or call 800-469-2222.
- Assistance is available for uniform purchases, with a demonstrated financial need.
- Articles of clothing should be labeled with the student’s full name.
- Unidentified and unclaimed clothing is donated to the school uniform closet.
- Mass uniforms must be worn on Mass days.
- On modified free dress days, students are to be appropriately dressed (i.e. no spaghetti straps, no distracting, obscene, profane or offensive designs on T-shirts or clothes, sturdy shoes--no sandals or boots). Blue or Black jeans are allowed. No skinny, super tight or baggy jeans.
Consequences for uniform code non-compliance, may result in the student being sent to the office to call the parent(s)/guardian(s) to bring the necessary items to make the correction. The student will not be allowed to return to class until the correction is made. Other consequences for disregard of uniform code include, but are not limited to, issuing detention and/or loss of non-uniform day privileges. If you have to ask, it probably does not follow code. The school principal reserves the right to be the final authority on all uniform issues. The principal will determine what is appropriate, modest, and safe. Regular uniform checks will be performed.
- No visible make-up, lip gloss, or fingernail polish are to be worn or brought to school. No artificial nails are allowed in school.
- Girls’ hair must be neat, well groomed and out of eyes. Only hair accessories that are complementary to the uniform (red, white, and black) are permitted. No flowers may be worn in the hair.
- Boys’ hair must be neat and well groomed at all times. Hair may not extend beyond the collar of the shirt, below the eyebrows, or over the ears. No facial hair.
- No distracting hairstyles (i.e. spiked, Mohawk)
- No markings on the skin are permitted; this includes writing, tattoos and body piercing (exception, see jewelry below)
- Dyed, colored, or bleached hair is not permitted.
Note: The school principal has the final authority in determining the appropriateness of grooming.
- Students are required to attend class in correct uniform.
- The uniform is to be neat, clean, without holes, and of the appropriate size to fit correctly at all times.
- Shorts: Boys and girls grades K-8 may wear khaki shorts. Shorts must be no higher than 4” above the mid-knee and may not extend below the middle of the knee. No hip hugging or sagging shorts are allowed. Shorts must be fitted at the waist. Shorts worn during P.E. or sports must conform to the length regulations herein.
- Jumper/Skirts/Skorts: Girls in grades K-5 may wear the plaid uniform jumper or plaid or khaki skort. Girls in grades 4-8 may wear the SH uniform plaid skirt or plaid or khaki skort. The length must not be shorter than 4” from the middle of the knee, front and back.
- Shirts/Oxfords/Peter Pan:
Grades K-5: Red or white polo (piquet or jersey) uniform shirt with approved Sacred
Heart logo is to be worn.
Grades 6-8: Red, white or black polo shirts may be worn with approved Sacred Heart MS logo.
All grades: Shirts must be neatly tucked in at all times. Oversized or tight fitting shirts are not allowed.
- On Mass days white shirts with approved Sacred Heart logo must be worn. Middle school students must wear a white oxford shirt, black tie, and log blazer for Mass. School blazer is available and encouraged for all MS students.
- T-shirts/Turtlenecks: White plain short sleeve t-shirts/turtlenecks may be worn under uniform shirts. T-shirt sleeves may not exceed the length of the uniform shirtsleeves.
- Socks/Tights: White socks are to be worn, and must be visible at all times. Socks are to be free of logos or decorations. For girls: only solid black, red, or white footed tights may be worn under, skirts, skorts, or jumpers. Solid black, red, or white knee-high socks may be worn with, shorts, skirts, skorts, or jumpers. Black leggings to the ankle may be worn under skirts. Modesty shorts, sold for the purpose of wearing under skirts and jumpers, are appropriate. Modesty shorts should not extend beyond the length of the skirt/jumper.
- Belts: Belts are required for boys and girls (if attire has belt loops) in grades 1-8. Belts must be black or brown leather, or cloth, with no large buckles, logos or decorations, and may not exceed 1 inch in width. Belts are to be worn with uniform pants/shorts.
- Shoes: School shoes are to be an athletic type sneaker with shoelaces that match the shoe (i.e. court, cross training, Keds-type, or running shoe). Shoes must be primarily white, navy blue, brown, or black. No dangling shoelaces are allowed. No wide skater shoes are permitted. No prints, patterns, flashing lights, etc. are allowed. “Heelys” type of shoes (i.e. with hidden wheels in the sole) are not allowed.
- Pants: Boys and girls in grades K-8 may wear khaki pants. Pants must be fitted at the waist. Oversized, sagging, or tight fitting pants are not permitted.
- Jackets/Coats/Blazers: All jackets/coats must be removed upon entering the classroom. Exception: red (K-5) or black (middle school) fleece uniform jackets with logo are available from Educational Outfitters, and may be worn in the classroom. Middle school may wear their Panther Pride sports jackets or logo blazer.
- Sweatshirts: Must be red or black with the approved school logo. Sweatshirts must not be oversized. Middle School students will have the red or black paw print (8th grade) sweatshirt.
- Jewelry: The wearing of jewelry is discouraged for safety reasons. The rule of one applies: one ring, one watch, and one religious medal necklace on a chain. Pierced jewelry - earrings (girls only) must be one pair of stud-type earrings in the ear lobes only.
- Hats: No baseball caps or hats may be worn indoors. Hats may be worn outside for protection during PE and recess.
Modified dress days are a privilege. Students are expected to choose appropriate school wear. As always, modesty is mandatory. The principal reserves the right to judge what is appropriate and safe. If non-uniform dress is considered inappropriate, infractions may result in loss of the non-uniform privilege for a specified period of time and parent(s)/guardian(s) will be called to bring in a uniform. The student will not be allowed in class until they are in compliance with code. Other consequences for disregard of non-uniform code include, but are not limited to, issuing a Noncompliance Notice along with detention. The following are non-uniform day reminders:
- Hats are not to be worn indoors.
- Blue jeans, slacks, shorts, capri pants, and dresses must be clean and with no holes. Pants must be the appropriate size for the person wearing – no oversized, baggy or tight fitting clothes, including Skinny Jeans.
- All shorts and dresses must conform to the uniform length, 4’’ or less above the middle of the knee. Boys shorts must be within one to two inches above the knee and not extend below the middle of the knee.
- Shirts may be un-tucked on non-uniform days. Shirt length will not extend beyond the top of the thigh.
- Shirts must have sleeves
- No camouflage
- No spandex, stretch pants, or tight pants/shorts
- For safety, sandals are not allowed.
- Socks or footed tights must be worn
- All writing and logos on t-shirts must be appropriate
On the campus after school hours, and at off-campus school events, the non-uniform dress code still applies. Shirts with logos that portray material that is considered unacceptable by the principal are not allowed.
Boy/Girl Scout Uniforms: Scouts are allowed to wear their uniforms to school on meeting days, except on Mass days. Shirts are to be tucked-in.
Mass Days - Girls: Students must be in a clean white uniform shirt with approved school logo and plaid skirt, skort, or jumper. Middle School mass uniform is white oxford shirt with black tie and logo blazer.
Mass Day - Boys: Students must wear neat khaki uniform pants and a clean white oxford shirt, or white polo shirt with school logo. Middle School mass uniform is white oxford shirt with a black tie and logo blazer.