Engineering, Science & Robotics
Science vs. Engineering:
Even Years we have Engineering Fair ~ Odd years we have Science Fair
What's the difference?
For 2016 Engineer Fair:
- Engineering Projects due at school Wednesday, Feb. 17th 8am.
- Judging is Wed. & Thurs. afternoons, Feb. 17&18th.
- No parents or students in the gym at this time.
Awards: SH Award Ceremony will be Thursday, Feb. 18th, at 6:30pm.
- Awards of one (or two!) Best in Show and multiple First, Second, Third places, and Honorable Mentions (by grade and/or engineering category) will be given based on a judging rubric using the Engineering Design Process.
- A Best in Show, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and Honorable Mention (one of each) will be given for Project Board Artistic Design.
- Top 10% of projects (based on numerical grade) will be invited to Tri-CityCollegePrepHigh School for Northern Arizona Regional Fair. (Projects brought to Tri-City on February 25th. Awards Ceremony on Friday, February 26th, 5pm.)
Helpful Documents - just click:
The Engineering Design Process was introduced and practiced in 4th - 8th grades.
- Astronaut (and pod) drops 10ft.
- Astronaut lands in standing or sitting position.
- Successful through three drops
- Materials include: tape, cardboard, robotics' game balls, weights (magnets or rocks)
- Lego astronaut
After School Science & Robotics
Middle School “Cyber Panthers”, competition team, Wednesdays, 3:15-5pm and Saturdays (TBD) (permission slip for Cyber Panthers click here)
Elementary (4th & 5th grades), Tuesday, 3 – 4:15pm (competitions and Saturdays are possible) (permission slip for Elem Robotics Club click here)
After school Science Club for primary 1st - 3rd graders. Meets two Thursday at month, 3:15 - 4:15pm (permission slip & schedule click here)
Parent involvement is necessary for success; more information will be in the Thursday school newsletter.
Let’s work as a team this school year and support our students in Robotics & Engineering!